If you have a question you feel should be listed and answered here, please click here: “Submit your question”
- Who can become a member of the FCJ?
Any editorial staff member of a printed or online community or local newspaper and magazine in South Africa may apply for membership.
- How do I apply for membership?
Click on membership registration on the home page, download the form, complete it electronically and email it to one of the members listed on the form.
- What does membership cost?
Membership is free.
- Who is the custodian of the local media awards?
The Forum of Community Journalists is the owner of this competition.
- Who can enter the awards?
Any editorial staff member of a printed community or local newspaper in South Africa may enter.
- Can journalists who work for online publications also enter?
Yes, as long as the publication is considered a community publication in terms of the FCJ’s constitution.
- When do entries open for the next competition?
Entries will open soon. Keep an eye on this website and our Facebook page.
- Who is the Board of Directors?
The FCJ is a Section 21 company (NPC) and hence must have a Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is made up of ordinary members of the FCJ.
- How can I become a director?
Directors are chosen at regional seminars?
- How much do the directors get paid?
The directors do not get paid at all and serve as directors voluntarily and give of their own time and effort to further the objectives of the FCJ.